What is SlimPower?
SlimPower claims to be the final turning point for those who have tried everything and still can’t lose weight. When diet, exercise, teas, pills and everything in between don’t work for you, SlimPower is supposed to. But with so many weight loss supplements on the market, how do you know which one will really be right for you? Every pill seems to claim that they are the cure and that it will provide results that no other pill will. Its often hard to believe these claims when almost all the supplements you look at contain the same ingredients. So does SlimPower have any special ingredients to make their claims valid?
What’s in it?
- Garcinia Cambogia: Helps with appetite suppression and inhibits conversion of carbs into stored fats. Because this is a proprietary blend its hard to say if there is enough of this ingredient to be effective, but we do know that you need at least 1550 mg for it to work.
- Green Tea Extract: Boosts metabolism to help burn fat and contains antioxidants. It will not cause any side effects but it ismost effective whenpaired with caffeine or any caffeine-based ingredient.
- Guarana Extract: Helps boost metabolism by increasing energy levels and also suppresses appetite. Despite the claim on SlimPower’s website that this will not cause any side effects, it is a caffeine-based ingredient and will cause side effects. Some of these side effects may include those similar to caffeine like the jitters, elevated heart rate, high blood pressure, headaches, and a crash later on.
- Citrus Aurantium: Enables thermogenesis to burn calories more efficiently. Once again, the website misleadingly tells you that this willboost metabolism and increase energy without side effects but that is not true. Expect side effects similar to caffeine and guarana.
- Kelp Powder: Supposed to increase metabolic rate, but, once again, the makers at SlimPower arenot entirely truthfulwhen they say there are no side effects. (Seeing a pattern?) There is little evidence of this ingredient actually leading to weight loss, but a whole slew of evidence showing the risks. The use of it is strongly cautioned by the FDA, especially by minors, pregnant or nursing women, those taking levothyroxine, estrogen, thyroid prescriptions, diabetes medications, anticoagulants, anti-platelet drugs, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, or laxatives. If you’re wondering who there is left to take them, so are we. Heavy metal and arsenic poisoning may occur if taken in high amounts.
- Cinnamon: Controls blood sugar levels.
- Chromium: Reduces body fat.
Although the makers of SlimPower are trying to portray a high quality, side-effect-free, natural weight loss supplement, this product is far from it. Many of the ingredients have serious side effects and some aren’t even proven to work. Not only that but there is no one ingredient unique to this product, and most of these ingredients can be found in almost any other supplement. Although this product may help you lose weight, if you are serious about weight loss and want a high quality product that will help you lose a substantial amount of weight like no other product, unfortunately you’ll have to keep looking.